Friday 22 March 2013

Anjum Sharma on cloud nine

Anjum Sharma on cloud nine

Actor is on a high after receiving compliments from Naseeruddin Shah

Ever since making his Bollywood debut in Slumdog Millionaire, Anjum Sharma says he has been selective about signing films. Anjum's new film helmed by Makrand Deshpande is hitting the screens today.

And apparently Naseeruddin Shah complimented him on his performance in the film, which is based on a play. He says, `Naseer bhai liked the play and wanted to part of the film. But when he shot for the film, I could not meet him, as I had no scene with him. However, he came for a special screening and also complimented me for my work.`

The actor adds, `I don't want to do run-of-the-mill roles. I was supposed to work with Shivaji Chandrabhushan but the project was shelved. He promised to work with me and now he has kept his word by offering me this Indo-French film.`

The film is about a French girl who comes to Rajasthan to trace her roots. During her journey, she meets a guy (Anjum) who narrates some untold stories of the land to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment