Monday 25 March 2013

Enough of 100 crore films, Asin now wants just good roles

Enough of 100 crore films, Asin now wants just good roles

Having starred in big budget movies like 'Ghajini' and 'Ready', it would seem Asin is doing fine in Bollywood but the actress says she now wants to do good, well written roles

The 27-year-old actress is often referred to as the 'Queen of 100 crore films' as five out of her six films in her Bollywood career, including last years' hits 'Bol Bachchan' and 'Khiladi 786', are part of the elite club.

These films, often driven by their male leads, don't have much for their actresses to do when it comes to performance. "I have taken a conscious decision about my career. This year I plan to take it little slower.

The box office record and 100 crore club, big films, good collection- all that has happened. "I should move forward and try and do more roles which give me more scope to perform. I think it is the right time in my career to take this decision since it is now that I have the freedom to choose my roles," Asin told.


The actress, who began her acting career in the South Indian film industry, turned to Bollywood after establishing herself there. Her first Hindi film, 'Ghajini' opposite Aamir Khan was the remake of her breakthrough film of the same name.

Asin was singled out for acting her part brilliantly and remained in the memory despite sharing screen space with Aamir Khan. Not surprisingly, she was chosen to star alongside superstars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment