Tuesday 5 March 2013

I would be a terrible actor, says Ekta Kapoor

I would be a terrible actor, says Ekta Kapoor

TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor is the queen of daily soaps but she considers herself as a "terrible actor" and does not intend to dabble into acting

Ekta is known for popular TV shows like 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi', 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki', 'Kaahi Kisi Roz', 'Kasauti Zindagi Ki', 'Kahii Toh Hoga' among others.

These shows made TV actors like Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar, Aamna Sharif, Mauli Ganguly and Shweta Tiwari household names. "I am a terrible actor.

Do not expect me to act ever. I think I am a bad actor," Ekta told reporters at the first look launch of TV series 'Ek Thi Naayka' here this evening. Ekta would be seen making a cameo appearance in 'Ek Thi Naayka', a promotional strategy for her upcoming film 'Ek Thi Daayan'.

"I would be doing a blink and miss appearance on the show. Hope I don't get any dialogues...hope I am just standing behind a tree," Ekta said. 'Ek Thi Daayan', a supernatural thriller directed by Kanan Iyer, stars Emraan Hashmi, Konkana Sen Sharma and Huma Qureshi in lead roles. It releases on April 18.

The eight-part TV series, produced by Ekta, goes on air from March 9 on Life OK channel. It is first-of-its-kind show featuring eight top TV actresses - Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar, Ankita Lokhande, Aamna Sharif, Mouli Ganguly, Shweta Tiwari, Kritika Kamra and Pooja Gor.

"I am thankful to all these TV stars for accepting the show. I have been part of their lives but now they have become stars," Ekta said.

No comments:

Post a Comment