Saturday 2 March 2013

Is Kajal Aggarwal stuck with her 'Indian girl' image forever

Is Kajal Aggarwal stuck with her `Indian girl` image forever

After a hit debut with Singham, actor Kajal Aggarwal was recently seen again with Akshay Kumar in a heist drama.

When we ask the actor about her connection with macho men, Kajal says, "I guess I am lucky to do films with Ajay Devgn and Akki (Akshay Kumar). In a short interview to CS, Kajal talks about her Indian girl image and love for cricket:

Desi girl
I don't see anything wrong with the image of the quintessential Indian girl. It's fine as long as people appreciate my work and love the character. However, I don't want to be stuck with the same kind of roles/characters within the Indian girl mould.

Yes, I have done a lot of masala fare but I wish to do more storycentric films as well. In my latest film, I was again the girl-next-door but it was a well- etched character. But, I will admit that I do enjoy running around the trees (laughs out loud).


Southern charm
Working down South has taught me a lot of things. They are extremely professional and punctual. I have developed my habit of mugging up the lines before a shot from there.

However, it's exciting to be somewhat of a newbie in Bollywood. The people I have worked with so far were wonderful to say the least. I have learnt a lot from Akki (Akshay) who is a wonderful co-star. It's been fun so far. I am looking forward to some challenging roles in Bollywood.

Cricket craze
It's fun to be associated with a cricket tournament. I do follow cricket whenever India is playing. MS Dhoni is my favourite cricketer. Recently, we had the Women's World Cup and I felt proud to know that girls were also doing so well in the game.

I would have loved to watch one of the matches where our Indian girls were playing. The celebrity matches are fun too. I have gone hoarse cheering my co-stars and friends from the stands.


Away from the camera
My mantra in life is, "Live and let live". I don't believe in being a workaholic. I do one film at a time and leave the sets at 6pm sharp. My hobbies are reading, travelling and watching films. I am extremely family-oriented and prefer spending time at home than partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment