Monday 4 March 2013

Soha is pissed off: Don't rub in the royalty, please!

Soha is pissed off: Don`t rub in the royalty, please!

By Subhash K Jha

Don't rub in the royalty, please! That seems to have been Soha Ali Khan's underlying statement when at a public event promoting her new film Sahib Bibi Aur Gangster Returns she made her displeasure clear at her royalty referenes being relentlessly rustled up.

Apparently director Tigmanshu Dhulia said at the event that he chose Soha to play a princess in his film as she looked every inch the royalty in royal finery.

To this, the sharp-tongued Soha retorted, `Oh yes, I even sleep in royal clothes. `

Explaining her snappy response Soha says, `It is true. When I was asked if I was comfortable playing my character because of my royal background I did respond that way.

But I was being facetious in merely stating how 'unroyal' my dress sense is. As a matter of fact I am so bohemian in my dress code that only recently have I started wearing shoes instead of chappals. So I was actually making fun of myself!`

Having said this Soha adds she is very proud of her royal antecedents. `I embrace my identity. It is a privilege to come from the background that I do. And it is this background that put me in Tigmanshu Dhulia's mind for my part as the princess in Sahib Bibi Aur Gangster Returns. I am grateful for it. `

No comments:

Post a Comment