Monday 6 May 2013

Aashiqui boy Aditya Roy Kapur's on a roll!

Aashiqui boy Aditya Roy Kapur`s on a roll!

Monday, May 06, 2013 14:22 IST
Aditya Roy Kapur might be tall and lean with a booming voice but once he gets talking, he's like a cheerful kid.

There's a certain amount of innocence in the way he fields questions. After the commercial success of his recent film, Aditya is looking forward to Bollywood through a stoic prism. In a conversation with CS, the 27- year-old talks about family, films and the future:

Success quotient
My immediate plan is to work in good films. Success can come and go but if my repertoire is good enough, then everything else falls in place.

Coming from a family that has a lot to do with films, I receive point of views from a producer, a director-actor and actress. But at the end of the day, I have to make my own decisions. Otherwise, I'll spend my entire life asking for others' opinion.



All in the family
I have nothing against working with my elder brother, Siddharth Roy Kapur but I think it would be ethically wrong on my part to ask him to make a film for me. I'd rather wait for a director to approach him with a script which would be incomplete without me. Vidya (Balan) is a fantastic sister-in-law.

After attending my film's screening, she asked me for my autograph. Of course she was just kidding. She's so cool to be around. Kunal (Roy Kapur) has also been appreciated for his performance in his latest film. I look forward to a day when all of us work together in a film.

Technologically-challenged
I've never been comfortable with electronic gadgets and digital platform. During college time, I didn't even have the urge to learn how social media functions. And now that I'm an actor, I see how important it is to be present in the virtual world with your fans.

Having said that, it's important to be earnest with them. You can't just go online when your film is seeking publicity. I'm not interactive in real world either so I can't fake being talkative.


Fashion sense
My style statement is that I don't have one! I just go with the weather, to be safe. I pretty much wear whatever I find in the cupboard.

My ideal outfit would be shorts, t-shirts and chappal but I've been told by my well-wishers that I shouldn't be like that all the time. I used to land up on sets wearing those and people are like `Are you the AD (assistant director) of the film?`. So yes, I'm creating room for changes now with some sartorial experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment