Thursday 16 May 2013

Arjun to Sashaa: How come we were not linked?

Arjun to Sashaa: How come we were not linked?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 14:53 IST
Arjun Kapoor asks his 'Aurangzeb' co-star Sashaa Agha. While she giggles, Prithviraj prefers to let his eyes do the talking

Arjun Kapoor, Prithviraj and newcomer Sashaa Agha visited the Mid Day office along with their entourage as part of the promotions of their upcoming film Aurangzeb.

It's South star Prithviraj's second outing in Bollywood after Aiyyaa. While this super hot man acted cool it is Arjun Kapoor who did most of the talking (Did someone say he's shy?). In a hour-long session, the actors indulged in some serious talk and some banter... Excerpts of their conversation with the Hitlist team.

Arjun: I play a double role in this film, it's like ek pe ek muft. We have been saying the same things at the promotions for the past few days and trying to make it as exciting as ever. But one thing I have realised, an actor may be having a bad day or whatever but you have to put up an appearance. You are there because of these people.

It's exactly a year since my debut film Ishaqzaade released. When I was offered Aurangazeb, I was initially keen to do the role Prithviraj has done. But Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) put me in my place ke bhaiyya tumhe double role mila hai.



Prithviraj: I play a cop... something that I have done umpteen times before on the screen. For three months, I had a Hindi tutor and even during the shoots I would rehearse the lines with him.

Arjun: But he still does all the talking with his eyes. You have to watch him.

Prithviraj: I think now my Hindi is ekdum shuddh. And unlike Aiyyaa, I have a lot of talking to do now.

Sashaa: Prithviraj and I don't share any scene at all...

Prithviraj: In fact I met Sashaa for the first time just 10 days ago during the promotional rounds.

Arjun: Sasha was the last to be cast so she stepped in when we had almost finished the rehearsals and readings. But as I knew her earlier, there was this comfort factor.


Sashaa: I freak out when I hear loud noises. So Arjun had this habit of quietly coming near me on the sets and shout out loud in my ear and I would scream.

Arjun: Before enacting the emotional scenes, I used to crack jokes with her and when she used to start laughing I would become serious and say chalo masti mazak mat karo. Every one on the sets used to think that Sashaa is cracking jokes before the shot. Thank god we were not linked. How come we were not linked?

Prithviraj: (laughing) You guys didn't work hard enough!

Arjun: Sashaa has this habit of giggling at everything. Even before she would crack a joke, she would laugh out loud. And how she loved applying nail polish.

Sashaa: As they did not want any fancy stuff, the only thing I could do for different scenes was to apply different shades of varnish.


Arjun: I used to wonder what she was thinking. The film's subject is such. It was Atul's idea to title the film Aurangzeb. It goes well with all our characters as how far a man can go to gain power. How ruthless he can be.

Prithviraj: The title has the element of intrigue. Reason enough to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment