Wednesday 8 May 2013

Bollywood can wait for Jayati Modi

Bollywood can wait for Jayati Modi

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 13:20 IST
Jayati, better known as Lalit Modi's niece, is off to the US for further studies

Lalit Modi's niece Jayati Modi will be seen in Karan Johar's production Gippy where she plays the role of the protagonist's friend. However Jayati will not be around to do any more films immediately as she is off to Boston for further studies. The youngster would be doing the film, television and interactive media programme at the Brandies University.



An excited Jayati says, `I am turning 18 and I just graduated from Scholl and I am off to Brandies University near Boston. If I am meant to be in the film industry, I am sure I have plenty of time to continue when I am 21 or 22.

I want to do mainstream films and I would definitely consider the offers that come to me after Gippy. If I do get some good offer, I can always come back and do it and give my semesters later.`


Speaking about her family and her uncle Lalit Modi, Jayati says, `I come from a business family and we have group of industries. In our family, we are allowed to pursue whatever profession we want.

My uncle got in to cricket and I got into acting however we are a close-knit family and we are all proud of each others' accomplishments. The interesting part is no one knew that I was his niece when I turned up for the the shoot.`

No comments:

Post a Comment