Monday 6 May 2013

'Controversial days are gone. Fatherhood has totally changed me'

`Controversial days are gone. Fatherhood has totally changed me`

Monday, May 06, 2013 14:15 IST
Sanjay Gupta on how his children have mellowed him and why his controversial days are over

The last time he wore the director's hat for a feature film was during Zinda, eight years ago. So Sanjay Gupta is obviously thrilled about his latest crime-drama. And the director-producer admits that his perception on life has changed over the years especially after turning into a 'responsible' father.

The filmmaker who quips that he'd have been a gangster if not a film personality says fatherhood has made him a better person. `It has totally changed me. I feel like my controversial days are over. In fact, sometimes I feel like making a film for my kids the way Martin Scorsese surprised us with Hugo.`

Elaborating on the controversy bit, Sanjay comes clean on the rumoured clash between him and producer Ekta Kapoor, `She comes with her reputation and I come with mine! Our tasks were pretty much cut out. Anything to do with the creative aspects was mine and anything to do with marketing was hers.`



The filmmaker who was lately more into producing than directing says he has now decided to stick to his first love.

`I've made an oath that even if I make five films in one year or one film in five years, each one of them would be directed by me. Maybe it took me sometime to understand this fact.

I shouldn't have attempted to be god and godfather to others and given more time to direction. I've realised my mistake now,` laughs Sanjay.

No comments:

Post a Comment