Saturday 11 May 2013

I didn't want Sunny Leone in Welcome sequel: Anees Bazmi

 
Director Anees Bazmee is fuming about reports that he didn’t sign Sunny Leone for his next, Welcome Back, as Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar were uncomfortable working with her. “These reports are all untrue. It was my decision to not have Sunny on board. I’ve entertained the audience with family films and will continue to do so,” he retorts.

Confirming that Sunny had approached him for a part in the film earlier, Anees says, “At that time, I was not done with the script, so I asked her to wait. Now, since it’s been too long and I haven’t signed her, she is talking about the film to gain publicity.”

Interestingly, there were also reports that the figure quoted by Sunny was too high. The director clarifies, “I’ve been hearing these rumours about the makers not being able to afford her, causing her to back out of the film. They are completely baseless as she was never signed for the film. Moreover, Welcome Back is a big-budget movie, so money was never an issue.” Despite repeated attempts to reach her, Sunny Leone remained unavailable for a comment as she is currently out of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment