Thursday 9 May 2013

'I don't feel insecure in multi-starrer'

`I don`t feel insecure in multi-starrer`

Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:12 IST
By jrj4u.com
Multi-starrers have been more lucky for Tusshar Kapoor than his solo releases and the actor says he is comfortable sharing the screen space with others as long as his role is good

Tusshar's most recent release "Shootout at Wadala" had John Abraham in the lead with actors like Anil Kapoor and Manoj Bajpayee playing key roles. "I believe if I put my soul in the character it will have more impact.

And I don't believe if other actors are there my role will go unnoticed. I believe we are all actors and we all have our share in the pie and I am not insecure about it, " Tusshar told interview.

The actor began his Bollywood journey with actress Kareena Kapoor in Satish Kaushik's love-story "Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai" back in 2001. Since then, he has been a part of successful multi-starrers like "Golmaal", "Shootout at Lokhandwala", "The Dirty Picture" and "Kya Kool Hain Hum".

"I think if people typecast me with one genre then I surprise them with different roles for instance if there was a "Golmaal" and "Kyaa Kool Hai Hum" then I have also done "Khakhee" and "Shor in the city" and there was also "The Dirty Picture".

"I think audience have accepted me in diverse roles. Even if I get typecast I would have no issues with it as long I am building a fan base and it also means I am good at doing action and comedy that are both poles apart, " Tusshar said.



He plays Sheikh Munir who is part of the Maanya Surve's gang in "Shootout at Wadala". The actor was also a part of prequel film "Shootout at Lokhandwala" in 2007. "My character in 'Lokhandwala', 'Dilip Bhuwa' was a psychotic killer while the role in 'Wadala' is of someone who has been in the world of crime since childhood.

He is more experienced and knows when to control his aggression, " Tusshar explained. The 36-year-old said he had a wonderful experience filming for "Shootout at Wadala" as he knows Abraham since his school days and both of them have similar temperament. Tusshar said he would like to experiment with horror or dance film in the future.

His next release would be a comedy thriller "Bhajathe Raho". The film also stars Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey and Ravi Kissan and introduces Vishakha as the lead actress. Tusshar essays the role of a middle-class Delhi boy in the film. His character is both aggressive and emotional and has issues with his father. The film is set to release on July 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment