Monday 20 May 2013

I have no limitations, will do bold roles: Puja Gupta

I have no limitations, will do bold roles: Puja Gupta

Monday, May 20, 2013 15:12 IST
By jrj4u.com
Model-actress Puja Gupta says she knows the importance of education in life and wants to be a graduate

The former Miss India Universe was a bright student during her school days. But after her father's death, she somehow managed to take her board examinations and then decided to enter the glamour world.

While her film career has started with successful films like 'Faltu' and the recent zombie comedy 'Go Goa Gone', Puja is sure that she wants to complete her education and acting is not the only thing she is aiming at.

"My mother is a doctor and brother an engineer. They wanted me to finish my education and unfortunately I could not complete it. When I decided to enter into glam world, films and modelling, it was a shocker for my family, " Puja, who had even got herself enrolled for a course in New York, told.

"Though my family is now quite happy with my work, I am sure my mother still wishes for me to finish my graduation, " she said "I don't plan things as to when and how I will do it. But the day I quit these things I will go back and focus on my education, " she said.



Puja is aware that being a school pass-out won't take her ahead in her life and hence she will look at completing her college education. "This is a promise that I made to my mother and brother before I stepped into the world of glamour, " Puja said.

The actress is excited about her first romantic role opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh in south director Susi Ganeshan's upcoming romantic thriller 'Shortcut Romeo'.

'Shortcut Romeo' is the remake of southern film 'Thiruttu Payale'. But Puja says she was asked not to watch the original Tamil film. Talking about her role, Puja says, "In the first half of the film, I get to play a glamorous girl and in the second half I play a simple girl, it is the same character.

I feel fortunate to get to play two parts in the film. " Her co-star Neil helped her in improvising her role. "Neil is a talented actor. I liked him in 'Johnny Gaddar' and 'New York'. It is a treat to watch him on screen. He helped me a lot during the scenes, " she said. The film also stars Ameesha Patel and releases on June 21.

Have no limitations as an actor


Pooja, who is gearing up for her next film "Shortcut Romeo", says as an actress she doesn't have any limitations.

Pooja Gupta told: "I don't have any limitations as an actor. As an actor you shouldn't limit yourself. An actor should have the liberty to do whatever they want to and the director is the one who will decide."

The model-turned-actress has featured in two films "F.A.L.T.U." nad "Go Goa Gone" so far and said: "I am loving that I have become an actress. I never thought I will be an actress. I will try to do the best with the roles given to me...I will do bold roles if I am comfortable with it."

The 24-year-old describes Ameesha Patel, with whom will share the screen space in "Shortcut Romeo", as a "wonderful co-star".

"She is so gorgeous. She is senior to me and has spent a decade in the industry. There is lot to learn from her."


"Shortcut Romeo", a remake of Susi Ganesh's super hit Tamil film "Thiruttu Payale", has been shot at exotic locations of Kenya. Also featuring Neil Nitin Mukesh, it will release June 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment