Tuesday 7 May 2013

I like to experiment and challenge myself: Ali Zafar

I like to experiment and challenge myself: Ali Zafar

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:30 IST
Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar, who has been part of hit Hindi films like 'Tere Bin Laden' and the recent 'Chashme Baddoor' says he likes to experiment and challenge himself

Zafar is four-films-old and has tried to bring variety in his profile early. 'Tere Bin Laden' was a satire, 'Mere Brother Ki Dhulan', a romantic-comedy, 'London Paris New York', again of the same genre and 'Chashme Baddoor', a pure comedy. "I would like to believe that I would be comfortable in any space. As an actor you should be flexible and versatile. I like to experiment and challenge myself," Ali told. Ali has been roped in for Yash Raj Films (YRF) newest project 'Kill Dil'. The film is directed by Shaad Ali who made 'Saathiya' and it also features Ranveer Singh and Parineeti Chopra in lead roles.

"Its ('Kill Dil') an action film. Its going to be very different from my previous roles and films in every way. You will see me in a completely new avatar," he said. The 32-year-old will be seen in a rugged avatar for a change and he has started exercising to get in shape.

"I am gearing up the fitness regime and working on the look as instructed by the director Shaad Ali. I will be working out to gain some muscle for this film," he added. After 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan', this is his second film with YRF. And he says he "feels very privileged to work with YRF banner once again".

Filmmaker E Niwas' next project 'Aman Ki Asha' also stars Ali alongside Yami Gautam of 'Vicky Donor' fame. And he is all praise for his co-star. "Yami is a delight to work with. She is very real and a simple girl. 'Aman ki Asha' was a tough shoot but filled with fun. I am enjoying doing the film," he said.

Ali is quite happy with the success of his latest film - 'Chashme Baddoor' a remake of the 80s movie of the same name. "I am happy that the film did well. For some reason right from the word go I was very confident about the project and it was one of the most stress free shoots for me," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment