Wednesday 8 May 2013

Javed Jaffrey to turn director

Javed Jaffrey to turn director

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:22 IST
By jrj4u.com
Dancer-actor Javed Jaffrey, who tasted success as a producer with "Inshallah, Kashmir", says he now plans to direct a film and that it will happen soon.

Starting his journey with 1985 film "Meri Jung", he is known for his dancing skills and judged dance reality show "Boggie Woogie" with his brother Naved and actor Rohit Behl.

Although he finds acting "most satisfying", direction has been on his mind for quite a while.

"I have been wanting to direct a film for quite some time. Now finally, I have decided to direct my film as soon as possible. I am working on two to three scripts. Let's see how to make the first move towards direction. But it will be soon, may be by end of this year or probably next year," Javed told.

He wants to make a film with some social message.

"I like films, which give strong message along with entertainment. I don't want to make a film that gets preachy or gives lecture, but it would have a message with immense amount of entertainment," said the 49-year- old.

Meanwhile, Javed, who won a National Film Award for "Inshallah Kashmir", a documentary, is enjoying his success as a producer.

"It's very overwhelming when people recognise your work. I am also producing my next film, which is titled 'BMW'. But I personally feel acting is most satisfying job for me than anything else," said Javed, who was seen in films like "Salaam Namaste" and "Double Dhamaal".

No comments:

Post a Comment