Monday 13 May 2013

Makers of 'Shaukeen' remake yet to find Mithun's replacement

Makers of `Shaukeen` remake yet to find Mithun`s replacement

Monday, May 13, 2013 13:52 IST
Rumy Jaffrey, who is remaking the 1982 film Shaukeen, has finally found the three actors for his project

Anupam Kher, Paresh Rawal and Annu Kapoor will be stepping in the shoes of Ashok Kumar, Utpal Dutt and A K Hangal who featured in the original. However the actor who will reprise Mithun Chakraborthy's role has yet to be ascertained.

Our source said, `Rumy was very keen to cast Rishi Kapoor for one of the roles and Rishi was keen to do it. However his dates were clashing with Sudhir Mishra's Mehrunnisa so he had to opt out.`

Jaffrey says, `Yes, I have finalised Anupam, Annu and Pareshbhai for the three key roles. They are brilliant actors and I am glad that I have them in my film. I am yet to cast the girl as I want her to be extremely beautiful and talented as there are so many men who would be showering their attention to her.`

About Rishi Kapoor's casting he says, `I was keen to sign him but he had date problems. I hope to work with him in the future.`

No comments:

Post a Comment