Thursday 23 May 2013

Meet Salman's singing protege, Palak Mucchal

Meet Salman`s singing protege, Palak Mucchal

Thursday, May 23, 2013 13:54 IST
Singer Palak Mucchal is high on her success of her latest song 'Chaahun Main Ya Naa' from Aashiqui 2.

This is her second hit after Lapata from Ek Tha Tiger. `I am thrilled with the response to the song,` says the 21-year-old, who rose to fame for her charity that helps young heart patients. Amidst the cries of her two pet parrots, Manilal and Dollar, Palak talks to CS about life and music:

Palak vs the rest
The competition amongst singers in the music industry is intense. It is tough to get one good song. Today, we have different singers for different genres, and composers simply want the best. It is a tough situation as all the singers are very good. However, this also means that listeners get to hear the best.

Girl interrupted?
People have always asked me whether I have missed out on my childhood or not. I started singing since I was two-and-a-half years old, and have been doing shows from the age of eight. It's true that I missed out on school life and having fun but my mission was always more important for me.

I will say that I am a regular 21-year old. Right now, I am doing my final year B.Com from a college in Indore. I study in whatever free time I get, and my studies are going well. In my free time, I like to do masti with my brother, Palaash and watch films with my family.



Salman's protege
My parents and I shifted to Mumbai seven years ago. The first B-town celebrity I met was Salman Khan. He has always been very supportive. In fact, it was he who suggested my name to Sohail Sen for the song Lapata. Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt sir were also very encouraging. I am a lucky girl.

For a cause
I feel that people have always given me that extra bit of support because of my cause. Earlier, the money I used to earn from a single show was enough to treat two-three kids, now I can afford treatment for seven-eight.

Till date, there is no bigger high for me than when the doctor calls up and says, `Palak, tumhara bachha bach gaya`. I have managed to help 556 patients so far, and 621 are on the waiting list. I have miles to go.

On my playlist
Lata Mangeshkar is my all-time favourite. I love Lag Jaa Gale and always sing along when it plays. I love Taylor Swift, Shreya Ghoshal and Sonu Nigam as well. In classical artists, I like Aamir Khan Saab.

No comments:

Post a Comment