Monday 27 May 2013

No More Villain's Roles: Rishi Kapoor

No More Villain`s Roles: Rishi Kapoor

Monday, May 27, 2013 14:53 IST
By jrj4u.com


Nikhil Advani's D Day and Subhash Ghai's Kanchi would be the last of Rishi Kapoor's current crop of grey-black roles. Thereafter the chameleon actor says he would be taking a break from being bad.

Rishi Kapoor is currently going through the most fruitful phase of his entire 44-year career as an actor.

Quips Rishi, `It's intentional. I wanted to prove myself as an actor. Log bol rahen hain ke Ranbir Kapoor achcha actor hai. Yeh bhool gaye ki Rishi Kapoor bhi actor hai. They say Ranbir is Raj Kapoor's grandson.

They've forgotten the one generation that came in-between. Hello, knock knock.... I am not going away anywhere yet. I didn't want Ranbir to be called a chip off the old block. I wanted that I should I be known as a chip off the new block. Today loads of work is coming my way. I'm at liberty to pick and choose. `



Suddenly after Agneepath there is a spate of interesting negative roles for Rishi Kapoor to play.

The excited actor reveals, `I'm not interested in playing the villain as a loud caricatural uni-dimensional creature. I can't do that. I am trying to humanize evil. If you see my character in Aurangzeb I am not trying to ACT evil.

My character's thinking is evil. He is willing to go to any lengths to achieve his ambitions and greed for wealth. I try to enter the thought-processes of my grey characters.

Now in Nikhil Advani's D Day I again play the bad guy. I've again humanized the character. People around my character think him evil. But he's just doing his job. `


The maverick performer had had his fill of villainous roles for now. `I'll be seen in grey roles in two more films Nikhil Advani's D day and Subhash Ghai's Kanchi.

Now enough for now. I don't want my grand- daughter to grow up and see me playing too many despicable characters. Whatever I am shooting for are light but not conventional roles. In fact the only father's role I'm shooting for is in Nupur Asthana's film where I get to work with another wonderful young actor Ayushmann Khurrana.

But I am not shying away from any kind of roles, negative conventional or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment