Sunday 19 May 2013

Prithviraj learns local dialect for 'Aurangazeb'




Playing a cop comes easy to South superstar Prithviraj; however, the actor had quite a challenge at hand essaying his career’s 16th cop role, for his upcoming film ‘Aurangazeb’ under the Yash Raj banner since he plays a true-north Indian inspector, for which the actor had to overcome the challenge of speaking in the local dialect.
Not only did he have to flawlessly deliver his dialogues while dubbing for the film but he also plays narrator in several parts of the film, for which the actor put in a lot of hard-work to polish his Hindi diction and unlearn most of what he knew. Says Prithviraj, “When Atul Sabharwal (director,) approached me, he’d told me that giving the voiceover would be a bigger challenge than playing a cop in the film because that’s a role I have played multiple times in my films down south. I accepted the challenge and hope I’ve lived up to his expectations.” 
“Unlearning Hindi was tough. I knew how to read, write and speak the language, but my accent was different from a north Indian. So I underwent a fourth month workshop to perfect my accent and prepare for my role as the narrator,” he concludes.
'Aurangzeb' also stars Arjun Kapoor in double lead roles and Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff as a supporting actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment