Tuesday 7 May 2013

Shootout At Wadala irks Valmiki Samaj: Sonu Sood's family attcked in Punjab

Shootout At Wadala irks Valmiki Samaj: Sonu Sood`s family attcked in Punjab

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 13:22 IST
By jrj4u.com
At least 200 local inhabitants of Moga in Punjab stormed Sonu Sood's family home in Moga demanding that the actor who is a pivotal part of the cast of Sanjay Gupta's Shootout At Wadala, issue a public apology for the alleged insult in the film to the revered Sanskrit scholar Valmiki.

The protestors swooped down on Sood's unsuspecting family, causing them to panic.

Says Sood, `When I got a call from home on Sunday in Moga saying our home was under attack I was puzzled. I'd do nothing to ever insult offend the people of Punjab or to put my family under any risk. `



Apparently Sonu Sood's father who was home in Moga was badly shaken by the attack.

Says the concerned son, `We are law-abiding god-fearing simple middleclass folks. My father has never hurt a fly. Why should my family or I be made answerable for something that some other character has said? I am just one of the actors in Shootout At Wadala. How can I be responsible for every dialogue in the film? `

Sood says he won't apologize for the offending dialogue. `I am glad people in Punjab see me as their representative in Bollywood. They've reacted emotionally and stormed my home in Moga. But I am in no way responsible for the supposed insult. `


Sood is deeply concerned about the safety of his father and famly in Moga. Security has been arranged for their safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment