Tuesday 14 May 2013

Taking no chances: Best designers in the country to dress Vidya Balan at Cannes

Taking no chances: Best designers in the country to dress Vidya Balan at Cannes

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 13:30 IST
Jury member Vidya Balan will be seen in sarees and Anarkalis on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet

Films, films and more films, that's what I am looking forward to, ` says Vidya Balan who is headed for the Cannes festival.

Sitting in a sea-facing hotel room in the suburbs, amidst doing the fittings for her costumes for the red carpet, the star says, `I will be watching the best of world cinema and celebrating Indian cinema and everything that's Indian at the most celebrated film festival of the world.

I am also looking forward to interactions with the jury and with other people from the filmmaking fraternity and deliberations with the jury. I think there is a lot that I will get to learn. `



She seems to stick to her trademark sarees as a safe option. `I will be wearing sarees forever. My style mantra here is Indian so I am going to do the same at Cannes too.

I also wear a lot of Kalidars (Anarkali salwar kurtas) some of which I am going to wear there too. I am lucky enough to be dressed by the best designers in the country so I have little to worry about. `

She adds, `Sabyasachi was the first person outside family that I called when I came to know about my Cannes trip. I just told him I will need a lot of nice clothes and he promptly said it will be done. `

However, there is one thing she is going to experiment with.


`I hate wearing a particular shade of blue but Sabya had this really pretty piece in that very colour and he asked me to try that. I will be wearing that for one of the appearances.

Otherwise I stick to my favourite colours like maroon, black, mustard, so you will be seeing them in these shades. Sabyasachi is designing my clothes and Jayati Bose will be doing my styling for Cannes. `

No comments:

Post a Comment