Thursday 9 May 2013

'Udita and I have had our ups and downs'

`Udita and I have had our ups and downs`

Thursday, May 09, 2013 13:16 IST
By jrj4u.com
Not too many people know this. But director Mohit Suri married his long-time girlfried actress Udita Goswami on her insistence in February this year by taking just a day off from the post-production work and then returning to work immediately after.

Looking back Mohit feels it was the best thing that could have happened to him. `If Udita hadn't insisted I'd have probably just continued my relationship with her and never gotten married. I didn't believe in the institution of marriage. She did.

Thankfully I went with her belief. Today I can't imagine life any other way. Good things including the success of Aashiqui 2 has happened after marriage

The songs in Aashiqui 2 just happened. `This young music director Ankit Tiwari came up to me with the song Sun raha hai tu ro raha hoon main. It immediately epitomized by film's hero's loneliness.

He was waiting for that perfect love to save him from self-destruction.

I believe all of us are looking for the perfect love. Reading the script I remember thinking I wanted a wife like Arohi (Shradha's character). And I found her. Udita and I have had our ups and downs. But there's no one else I'd want to spend my life with. `

Udita loved Aashiqui 2.



Says Mohit, `I was worried about her reaction. She didn't like Raaz 2 and Murder 2 and she told me that. `

Murder 2 was the acme of gruesome violence against women while Aashiqui 2 treats the female protagonist with gentle care.

Laughs Mohit, `Murder 2 was a different film. I wanted to make a sweet innocent real love story. And I wanted to keep the emotions authentic. I believe everyone in the production company thought I had lost my mind and that I was directing a disaster. I wouldn't listen to anyone.

I did what I wanted to in Aashiqui 2. Finally I got my approval from Mahesh Bhatt Saab when after seeing the end-product he said, 'This is the film our company hasn't made in a very long time. ' In fact Bhatt Saab wanted this film freed of the trademark image of his production house.

He made me cut a scene where I showed Shradha and Aditya under the sheets. He told me not to go down that path. I wasn't following any of the Vishesh Films' rules. There is a scene where Aditya had to throw Shradha out of their house.

Aditya timidly turned to me and asked, 'Wouldn't it look really mean for me to do that after all she has done for me?' But my logic was clear. Haven't we done the meanest things to those we love the most?`

Mohit is now looking at directing another film about love. `My two best films Kalyug and Aashiqui 2 are love stories. So I guess that's my forte. I am working on an idea. But first a break. I owe that to Udita. I haven't given her time after marriage. I am now in a happy space. `


Mohit's father's death in 2011 shattered him. `The person I wanted to prove myself to the most was no longer there. It put me in a weird state of mind.

My film Murder 2 was a success. But I had no one to share the success with because at that time I had broken up with Udita.

I had money, great offers, the stars were coming to me. But they wanted me to make the film THEY wanted not what I wanted. I put that phase aside, pulled Udita back into my life married her and found myself with Aashiqui 2. `

He then quips, `I think I will show Aashiqui 2 to my kids when they happen. It's the only one they can watch anyway. It's my only 'U' film so far. `

No comments:

Post a Comment