Monday 27 May 2013

YPD 2 babe Kristina doesn't want to be just a hot 'foreign import'

YPD 2 babe Kristina doesn`t want to be just a hot `foreign import`



Australian model-actress Kristina Akheeva, to be seen as a British girl in the forthcoming comedy "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2" (YPD2), hopes she is not trapped in the image of a "foreign girl".

"I hope I don't get typecast as half foreign, half Indian. I want to play traditional type of roles and get myself into a character where I can practice my Indian mannerisms and think like an Indian girl from some village," Kristina told.

Being fond of dancing, singing and acting from her childhood, Bollywood was the best option for her.

"I always imagined myself to be a famous singer, dancer and actress. Then I got to know about Bollywood. Bollywood films have all those aspects. Here I could act, dance and sing. The films were different from what I had grown up watching, but after a while I started to enjoy them," she said.

Kristina got her first Bollywood offer when she was here on a modelling contract last year.

"I was here in 2010 for modelling. I came back in 2012 and I had decided that I wanted to get into acting and that's when I got the Bollywood offer," she said.

She said she is open to doing southern films "as long as the script is good and I love the character".

As far as future plans are concerned, she hasn't signed on dotted lines yet.

"I am waiting for the release of YPD2. I want people to see me in the film. I am speaking in Hindi and have done a good job. Only then I think the good quality work will come my way," she said.

Deols' home production YPD2 is coming out June 7 and it promises to unleash another dose of fun and frolic with Deol trio - Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby.

Addicted to music



My taste in music is extremely varied. In my playlist you would find something from every genre. I think the only thing I can't listen to is heavy metal.

Right now, I am loving the Aashiqui 2 album. Tum hi ho is a beautiful song. Beyonce is also a favourite. Her live performances are absolutely mind blowing, she is a true performer with an amazing voice.

I also love classical music, one of my favourites is Franz Schubert's Ave Maria. Classical music has such strong story telling without the use of lyrics. I literally go back in time. Listening to music is an addiction of mine.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't take time out to put on my headphones and listen to some music. Beautiful music makes me peaceful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment