Saturday 1 June 2013

Honey singh gets Aggressive, Threatens Legal action: I've taken enough hurt and insults

Honey singh gets Aggressive, Threatens Legal action: I`ve taken enough hurt and insults



Accusations of misogyny in his songs are no more acceptable to Honey Singh. Last week his lawyer issued public notices in three leading newspapers categorically dissociating him from the controversial song 'Main Hoon Balaatkari' and challenging anyone who claims it to be written, composed or performed by Honey.

The notice says, `My client Mr Hirdesh Singh @ Yo Yo Honey Singh condemns the lyrics and the song and impleads the public at large that he has been shown in bad light by some anti-social elements and miscreants to malign his image. . . `

The notice further goes on to warn these `miscreants` of stern legal action.



Speaking exclusively to this writer Honey reveals his very rigid plans to break away from the image of the misogynist musician.

`The public notices in the three leading newspapers in Punjab are a signal to people in Punjab that I won't take the smearing campaign lying down.

I know the mischief originates in my home Punjab. That's where the jealousy and the rivalry started. And now it has spread like a cancer. We're taking legal action against all those sections which attribute the 'Balaatkari' song to me. `


Honey's legal team has also initiated action against internet-centric attacks on what Honey refers to his self-respect. `I've taken enough hurt and insults. And I know where they're coming from. I can't be punished for the success I've achieved. I won't be forced to feel guilty for being where I am. I've a family and I've fans I am responsible towards. `

Honey Singh wants to know why would he do an offensive song at this stage of his career? `Artistes sometimes make mistakes, do the wrong things at the start of their careers.

Why would I sing such an offensive song when I've millions of fans? To get attention? That, I already have, more than I can handle. A large section of my supporters are women.

I've been brought up to respect women. It's time to shut up all the hate campaigners. If anyone writes or says or even implies that I've sung the 'Balaatkari' song, be prepared to face legal consequences. `


Taking a deep breath Honey ends, `Rape is a serious heinous crime and violation of women is reprehensible. Accuse me of being a rebel and a renegade. But do not accuse me of disrespecting women. I won't take it lying down. `

No comments:

Post a Comment