Monday 3 June 2013

Look who inspired seductress Paoli Dam?

Look who inspired seductress Paoli Dam?

Monday, June 03, 2013 13:07 IST
Actress Paoli Dam, who plays the role of a lawyer in upcoming film 'Ankur Arora Murder Case', says she took inspiration from National Award winning actor Sunny Deol to enact her part

"I was inspired by Sunny Deol's role of a lawyer in Damini. His body language, mannerisms and diction in court room drama, all that I observed closely," Paoli told PTI. Sunny Deol had won critical applause for his role of an advocate in the 1993 film 'Damini'. "It is a lovely character of a lawyer. I liked Sunny Deol in 'Damini'.



Recently even the court room sequence in 'Oh My God' was also quite real. It is a very strong role, of a person who is also emotional," said Paoli, of 'Hate Story' fame. Produced by Vikram Bhatt, 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' is a realistic drama on medical negligence.

The movie will take audiences from the operation theatre to the courtroom where an eminent surgeon, essayed by K K Menon, will be tried for murder. To get into the skin of the character, Paoli visited court room and also learnt medical jargons. "I had to learn medical terms. I had to focus on that.

I had to go through a lot of script sessions and wanted to make it perfect. I visited a court in Kolkata," she said. The film exposes and addresses the fatal flaws in the medical profession.


"The film is based on medical negligence, which is a critical, but true issue. We all face it. A close friend of mine faced it. I could relate to it. I had to read the script a lot and know about medical malpractices," Paoli said. The movie, starring KK Menon, Tisca Chopra, Paoli Dam and Arjun Mathur, is directed by Suhail Tatari and slated for release on June 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment