Tuesday 21 May 2013

Avika Gor doesn't mind playing mature roles

Avika Gor doesn`t mind playing mature roles

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:45 IST
By jrj4u.com
Avika Gor is barely 15 years old but she has played an 18-year-old married woman Roli in "Sasural Simar Ka". And the actress says she doesn't have a problem playing mature roles.

Avika's claim to fame was playing child bride Anandi in "Balika Vadhu", but she quit the show after it took a five-year leap in 2010 and Pratyusha Banerjee was brought in as grown up Anandi.

But the very next year Avika featured in "Sasural Simar Ka" as Roli and the actress wishes she was offered "challenging roles" so that she can "prove herself".

"The things that you like are not difficult for you. I love acting and I don't mind playing mature roles. I want to follow the footsteps of actors like Amitabh Bachchan and Vidya Balan."

Avika was 10 years old when she worked in "Balika Vadhu", so playing an eight-year-old in it was not tough for her.

"I was happy to get the role of Anandi. I was 10 years old then and I had to play the role of an eight-year-old. It was easy for me because I have been through that age," she said.

"When I got the role of Roli, it was a challenge as I had to play an 18-year-old mature girl. In 'Balika Vadhu', I had to speak in Rajasthani language, but in 'Sasural Simar Ka' Roli was a typical Delhi girl, so I had to speak Hindi," she said.

"It wasn't hard for me, but the way a 15-year-old talks and the way an 18-year-old talks is very different. So I had to work on that. I used to sit with my directors and writers to learn that."

In "Sasural Simar Ka", Roli gets killed, but Avika returns to the show as Jhumki, a banjaran girl, and it posed a new challenge for the actress.

"I am dancing on Hema Malini's song 'Jab tak hai jaan', so I had to watch that song," she said.

Revealing movie plans, she said she has "signed a Telugu film" in which she will be seen as a teenage "college-going-girl".

No comments:

Post a Comment