Friday 31 May 2013

Akki refuses to talk about IPLgate and his friend Vindu Dara Singh

Akki refuses to talk about IPLgate and his friend Vindu Dara Singh

Friday, May 31, 2013 14:39 IST

Actor Akshay Kumar, who would be taking forward the character of Shoaib Khan in 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Again', insists he does not think of setting a benchmark

Shoaib was played by Emraan Hashmi in movie's prequel and the portrayal had garnered lot of appreciation from all the quarters.

"I am just playing my role. I have not thought of it as a benchmark. I just followed my director, as he is the captain of the ship. I never thought that I had to cross any benchmark, " Akshay told reporters here last night when asked if he would try to cross the benchmark set by Emraan in the original film.

The trailer of 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Again', launched last night, opens with a swanky cricket stadium, two captains dressed in blue and green blazers ready to flip the coin. And then, the don (Akshay Kumar) walks in style. As he enters the stadium and raises his arms, the crowd cheers aloud. The trailer gave the impression of two worlds - cricket and underworld - coming together.



However, Akshay cleared the air saying, "It is just the character and situation in the film that I am playing. People should not connect it with anything."

When asked about the arrest of his good friend Vindoo Dara Singh in connection with his alleged involvement in IPL betting scandal, Akshay said, "I will talk about IPL (controversy) and my friend later."

Milan Luthria directed 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again' is a gangster-romantic film starring Akshay, Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead. The film is set to release this Eid.

No comments:

Post a Comment