Tuesday 23 April 2013

'Bombay Talkies' made me enter an exclusive club

`Bombay Talkies` made me enter an exclusive club

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 14:15 IST
By Santa Banta News
Dibakar Banerjee describes himself as a loner who was never part of any club and thanks "Bombay Talkies" for helping him enter an exclusive club. He says the film is a "tribute" to Indian cinema as it is today.

A compilation of four short films celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema, "Bombay Talkies" has three more segments by Zoya Akhtar, Anurag Kashyap and Karan Johar.

The director of hits like "Khosla Ka Ghosla", "Lucky Oye!Oye Lucky" admits working on the project was a "very good experience".

"I feel that I have been given entry into an exclusive club. I always had a lonely existence...was never part of any club. My films did my work for me," Banerjee told IANS in an interview.

"But this invitation to do a film with Anurag, Zoya and Karan gave me the satisfaction of that nice exclusive club. I feel privileged and kicked about it," he said.

However, the director hasn't tried to pay a tribute to the 100 years of cinema. Instead, he has captured the essence of current filmmaking scenario for future generations.

"I didn't even try to pay a tribute. I made a film that I wanted to do...If someone sees this film 10 years from now, it will show how cinema is today. I think that is the best way of paying tribute," he said.

His segment is not a tearjerker, Banerjee clarified, adding: "It's an emotional film. It's about a common man who has been a failure, gets one chance to succeed and how he succeeds. You want him to succeed, and when he succeeds, you are surprised."

The filmmaker, who has managed to carve a niche for himself with experimental movies like "Love Sex Aur Dhokha", feels his films have "stood apart" not because "I wanted to stand apart...It is because I have been myself".

"I have made films, which I wanted to make. I wanted to reach out to the Indians and talk to them about our culture, society and problems," he explained.

While making his segment for "Bombay Talkies", he was not trying to compete with anyone.

"How will you compete with Zoya, Anurag and Karan? They are so good at what they are doing. The best way to stand with them is to be yourself," Banerjee said.

The short films are their own creative endeavours, and no one influenced them to make these movies, he said.

"If I had been influenced, I would have been influenced much earlier. For this film, we were making our own films. If we are ourselves, we knew that was the best way to make the film," he said.

6 comments:



  1. thanks for this information this is very valuable and helpful for me ..
    I am so much keen to know about this topic,

    Written Episode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the full story of all Hindi TV Serials Written Episode and Written Update on Daily Basis.
    As well as the TRP BARC Ratings of all Indian TV Shows.

    Hindi TV Serials

    Indian TV Shows

    Hindi TV Serials

    Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

    Telly Serial Updates

    Telly TV Shows

    Written Update

    Written Update

    Written Episode

    ReplyDelete

  3. "Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us.You are putting good efforts. Keep going. Good Luck."
    Get the full story of all Hindi TV Serials Written Episode and Written Update on Daily Basis.
    As well as the TRP BARC Ratings of all Indian TV Shows.

    Written Update

    Written Episode


    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this useful information with us, I am also going to share some Hindi tv serials return episode updates

    Bigg Boss 11

    Written Update

    ReplyDelete
  5. Telly Serial Updates brings you all latest written updates, written episodes, upcoming updates, Bollywood box office collection, income prediction and much more for Indian TV serials. Bollywood

    Telly Serial Updates

    Written Episode Update

    Written Episode Update

    Written Episode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Telly Serial Updates is all about latest hindi tv serials written updates, written episodes, upcoming news updates, future story, Gossips, Bollywood movies box office collection, earning/income prediction and much more about Indian TV shows and Bollywood movies.

    Chandra Nandini

    Bigg Boss 11

    Hindi TV Serials

    Indian Reality Shows

    Hindi Reality TV Shows

    Audition Reality Shows

    ReplyDelete