Tuesday 28 May 2013

I don't take my success for granted: Deepika

I don`t take my success for granted: Deepika

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:08 IST
Deepika Padukone might be on a high after hits like 'Cocktail' and 'Race 2', but the actress says she has sacrificed a lot to reach here and does not take her success for granted. "I am not taking anything for granted

I have worked very hard and in last one year I had to make a lot of personal sacrifices whether its sleep or my family time. I have not seen my parents in the longest time. But eventually all of this pays off when all my films are doing good, " said Deepika, who was in the capital to promote her upcoming film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani".

The 27-year-old is re-teaming with her former lover Ranbir Kapoor in the movie after a gap of four years. They last worked together in "Bachna Ae Haseeno".

"After 'Race 2' I signed 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' because I thought it sounds like a good film and then I worked really hard for it. Infact it is probably one of the toughest films I have done in my life, " she said. "I am very happy that I got a chance to work with Ranbir. According to me, 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' didn't do justice to us as an on-screen couple.

I have always been saying that this is the correct film to come together, " she added. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" also stars Aditya Roy Kapur and Kalki Koechlin in the lead.

It hits the theaters this Friday. The actress will next be seen opposite superstar Shah Rukh Khan in "Chennai Express" and is currently shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Ram Leela".


No comments:

Post a Comment