Monday 27 May 2013

If someone compares me to Salman or SRK, they must be embarrassed: Ranbir

If someone compares me to Salman or SRK, they must be embarrassed: Ranbir

Monday, May 27, 2013 15:16 IST
By jrj4u.com
Born in a family of cinestars, Bollywood's star actor Ranbir Kapoor says he never entered filmdom with the intention of becoming a star. He also said the current crop of actors are no comparisons to the likes of Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan, who have an "aura" about them.

Ranbir, who has proved his mettle film after film since debuting with unimpressive "Saawariya" in 2007, credits the media with giving him the "pedestal" of a star.

"I am not here to be a star, I am here to be an actor. We have grown up watching Mr. Shah Rukh Khan, Mr. Salman Khan, Mr. Akshay Kumar or Mr. Ajay Devgn on the screen. They have an image, aura and stardom," Ranbir told in an interview.

"That (in their) time, they didn't have (so much) media, but media has helped us a lot. It has put us on a pedestal. We are created stars," he added.

The 30-year-old, son of veteran actors Neetu and Rishi Kapoor, and grandson of the legendary Raj Kapoor, believes his generation of actors need more time to prove themselves.

Talking about himself, he said: "It's been only 10 films. I don't take these tags (of a star) seriously. If someone compares me to them (stars like Shah Rukh, Salman, Akshay and Ajay), they must be embarrassed as these actors have been working for 25 years. I have just completed five years."



Nevertheless, he finds it "encouraging" and he truly hopes, "I can live up to this."

Even within five years of his Bollywood journey, Ranbir has shown an impressive variety with films like "Raajneeti", "Rockstar" and "Barfi!". He feels taking a "different path" helps people "recognise your work".

Moreover, he feels it is vital for an actor to create his own "niche".

The only ideology Kapoor goes by before selecting a film is whether people will like to watch it or not. He feels that it is important to make your own niche.

"When I heard 'Barfi!' and 'Rockstar', I thought of them as commercial films. I thought that these are films which I will want to see. So, (as an actor) you must have your own point of view.

"If you feel that people will like the film, then do it. If I see a (script of) 'Dabangg' or '3 Idiots', no one will let me do it. They will say we have Salman Khan and Aamir Khan (respectively) to do it. You have to make your own niche," he said.

Never one to take the audience for granted, Ranbir said: "You want to reciprocate their support by giving them a good film. I just have to give them good movies and be good at my work."

I don't let insecurities affect me


Ranbir Kapoor says insecurities are a part and parcel of an actor's life, but he doesn't let them affect him. "It is not about success or failure. I think with age you become a little bit more secure. I was never an insecure person. Money has never been my priority. Insecurities are good, but I don't let them envelop me. I am happy with my space," Ranbir said. "As long as I am getting to do good work and meet everyone and talk, I think I am happy," he added. Ranbir is currently awaiting for "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" to hit screens May 31. He features in it with his former lady love Deepika Padukone.

Dad is still passionate about doing films

Ranbir Kapoor feels his father Rishi Kapoor is still energetic and excited about doing films

"Rishi Kapoor, apart from being my father, is a public property. He is amazing and my favourite actor. After having a career spanning 30 years it is like a new beginning as he is doing interesting character roles.


And whatever he is doing, he does it with sincerity and passion," Ranbir said during an interview here recently. Ranbir says his 60-year-old father is even today passionate and serious about his work. "Today also he is more passionate about his work. I like his approach.

He gets immense pleasure in doing films than any other thing. And if you have this attitude then you will definitely succeed," he said. Ranbir is all praises for his father's performance in 'Aurangzeb'. "I am hearing good things about him in the film.

He is a brilliant actor," he said. Ranbir, who would be sharing screen space with his parents Rishi and Neetu in Abhinav Kashyap's upcoming film 'Besharam', says he has learnt a lot from them.

"For the first time I am shooting with them and it was a good experience. It is like a family get together. I have learnt a lot from them by seeing and observing them," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment