Thursday 30 May 2013

Imran takes inspiration from Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff for 80s style

Imran takes inspiration from Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff for 80s style

Thursday, May 30, 2013 13:17 IST
By jrj4u.com
Actor Imran Khan, who plays a goon of 80s in 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Again', took inspiration from Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff to play his part and is happy to have learnt their styles

As a part of his research on getting into the skin of the character, Imran watched a lot of films featuring actors Kapoor and Shroff to understand how things were back then in 80s.

"As I had to go back to 80s for my role in the film, I based my character on actors like Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff. I watched a lot of films of these two actors to understand how things were back then. It was great to copy best actors like them, " Imran told reporters here last night at the first look launch of the film.

Imran, 30, who has been a part of films like 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na', 'Delhi Belly', 'I Hate Luv Storys' and 'Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola', says he does not think of setting an image for himself in his films.

"I have not thought of my image. People talk about my image change as I do 'Delhi Belly' and 'Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola'. But I never think about it that way. I only look at the script as an audience and think if I would want to watch this film or not, " Imran said.

"I don't have a career plan. If I find a story entertaining then I do it. I go with my gut feeling and not think about what will work and what will not, " the actor added.

Directed by Milan Luthria, the film is a sequel to the 2010 hit film of the same name. The second instalment, starring Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Imran in the lead, will release on Eid this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment