Tuesday 21 May 2013

Irrfan: How does it matter what I wear in Cannes?

Irrfan: How does it matter what I wear in Cannes?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:52 IST
By jrj4u.com


Irrfan Khan left for Cannes on Friday night, this time in the capacity of a producer representing the film Dabba which he co-produces Anurag Kashyap, DAR Motion Pictures, Lydia Pilcher (who has co-produced five of Mira Nair's feature films) and Cedomir Kolar (who has produced the award-winning Bosnian film No Man's Land)

Hours before Irrfan boarded for Cannes he spoke to this writer. Said the actor, `I am not going to the Cannes Film Festival for the first time. Earlier I was there for The Mighty Heart in the capacity of an actor. This time I am representing my film as a producer. So it's two different experiences from opposite ends of the camera. `

Irrfan is honest enough to admit he isn't an active producer. `Dabba was taken care of by Anurag and the other producers. I haven't really been on the field as a producer. I am just happy to be associated with this film. I really liked the script and the way it treats the question of love. `



When asked what he would be wearing at Cannes Irrfan said, `I have had had time to think about such things. Does it really matter? Some designers have approached me. But I have really not spent time agonizing over what I should wear or not wear. There are many actors who enjoy the paraphernalia of attending festivals. And that's just fine. I am not one of them. `

Irrfan admits a festival as important as Cannes is at the end of the day an event to dazzle. `It would be a mela out there. I am looking forward to seeing some good films and meeting important filmmakers. `

No comments:

Post a Comment