Sunday 19 May 2013

My mother, a friend for life: Sasheh Aagha

My mother, a friend for life: Sasheh Aagha



Bollywood actress Sasheh Aagha says her mother, veteran actress Salma Aagha, is like a friend to her, and that she often guides her in career decisions.

"She is very supportive. She always guides me. She is like a friend in my life...She has always been there for me...(and she is) very protective," Sasheh, who has made her Bollywood debut with "Aurangzeb", told .

"I do consult her. She always asks me if I am comfortable carrying it (the role). I like it when she says these things because it gives you (me) a clear picture of things," she said.

Sasheh admits the pressure increases when one comes from a film family.

"I think when you belong to a film family, people notice you more. But they will pick you up only if you have the talent. If I am her (my mother Salma's) daughter, and I didn't have it in me, I won't have got this film," she said.



Her future plan is to try and essay different roles on screen.

"I want to do different kinds of looks and characters. I never want to repeat stuff. It has to keep changing," she said.

Sasheh is well aware of the competitive nature of the film industry. But she has a positive attitude towards it.

"As an artist, I always appreciate and enjoy everyone who entertains me on screen and makes me feel like I connect to them - whether it is Parineeti Chopra or Anushka Sharma. I am the kind of person who will encourage my co-actors. This is how it should be," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment