Wednesday 29 May 2013

Shahid's mom Neelima accused of cheating, lands in legal trouble

Shahid`s mom Neelima accused of cheating, lands in legal trouble



Shahid's mother finds herself in a legal tangle after producer accused her of cheating

Neelima Azim finds herself drawn to the middle of a controversy. After producer Rajesh Vyas filing a complaint against the actress recently, a criminal case has apparently been registered against Neelima for alleged criminal intimidation, cheating and criminal breach of trust.

According to Vyas' advocate Neeraj Gupta, Neelima had signed a contract with the producer's company in 2009 to direct a film and also apparently took a signing amount, only to later avoid their calls and refusing to return the signing amount.

Moolah matters

Gupta states, `Neelima had signed a contract with Bysscope Production and had taken a signing amount of R 15 lakh and another R 2 lakh thereafter. She had promised the production house that she would sign Priyanka Chopra and Emraan Hashmi for the film.

The advocate adds, `My client has filed a case against her and she has to appear in the court on June 2.`

Neelima however has a different version of the episode. She says, `I have not received any letter from the court yet. I did sign a contract with the production house and they paid me only R 12 lakh.

I worked for them for six months but they wanted big stars for the film. In fact, I also spoke to Sonu Sood and Jimmy Shergill and they were ready to do the film also but Vyas wanted big stars like Emraan and Priyanka.`

The actress feels the other party should have settled the matter amicably. `I would have retained the amount I needed to be paid for six months while returning the rest. But they didn't talk to me even once. I will ask my lawyer to follow up with them, ` she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment