Tuesday 28 May 2013

Why is Madhuri feeling so nervous

Why is Madhuri feeling so nervous

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:04 IST
By jrj4u.com
Actress Madhuri Dixit, who would be performing with noted classical dancer Birju Maharaj, feels honoured that she would dance with him but is nervous at the same time

The legendary Kathak guru and his disciple will soon be seen in a special jugalbandi act on the dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. "I am happy and honoured that I will be dancing with him in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'. I am afraid...getting butterflies in my stomach. I am nervous if I would be able to match up to him. I will treasure this moment, " Madhuri told reporters here at the launch of the show.

The two will perform together for the first time on television. The classical dancer choreographed Madhuri's songs in Devdas (2002) and Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), and recently did a song for her upcoming film 'Dedh Ishqiya'.

Meanwhile, Madhuri said she is excited to judge yet another season of 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. "I like the show as it brings out interesting journey of contestants. I think anyone can dance but it is important to put your heart and soul for a performance, " she said. The show will go on air from June 1.

The other two judges will be Remo D'Souza and Karan Johar. "This season, the competition will be more as we have interesting range of contestants. I will judge them on the basis of entertainment, " Karan said. The opening episode will see Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby Deol shaking a leg with the contestants to promote their film 'Yamla Pagla Deewana 2'.

"Dharamji has a unique style of dancing and he is best at it. No one can dance the way he does, " Karan said. Madhuri will team up with Ranbir Kapoor to perform on the item number 'Ghagra' from the film 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'.

"He (Ranbir) is a talented actor and a very good dancer. He is energetic and I had (a) blast dancing with him, " Madhuri said.

No comments:

Post a Comment