Thursday 30 May 2013

Mohit Chauhan is the first Bollywood singer to win highest Tamil award



Rockstar singer Mohit Chauhan has done the unprecedented. He has won Tamil Nadu’s most popular film award, the Vijay Awards, for a Tamil song.No Bollywood singer has ever won an award for singing in a South Indian language.

Says Mohit shyly, “Yes, I believe it’s the first. The Vijay awards were held on Saturday. And I won the Best Playback singer for a Tamil song ‘Po ni po’ for the film 3.”

The film starred Dhanush and Shruti Haasan.The music was scored by Annirudh who had composed Dhanush’s anthem-like hit ‘Kolaveri di’.

“I am told I am the first non-South Indian singer to get the Best Male singer’s award at the Vijay Awards. It’s a proud moment, since I don’t really know any Tamil.” Says Mohit.

No comments:

Post a Comment