Monday 13 May 2013

Dear Mom... Bollywood Mother's Day Wishes

Dear Mom... Bollywood Mother`s Day Wishes

Monday, May 13, 2013 13:53 IST
By jrj4u.com
Parineeti Chopra: `My love for for my mother is boundless. I want to take her for a trip to Switzerland as soon as I find the time. `

Arjun Rampal: `I want to travel with my mother around the world to all the destinations she would love. I want to tell her that if I were to be born again then I want to be born only as her child. She is the most beautiful and best mom in the world. `

Pooja Bhatt: `I think it's time to discard the Mother's Day cliches and promise to mother her in the twilight of her life. All parents and children have to reverse roles eventually. That is the natural order of life!`

Aditi Rao: `My mother brought me up singlehandedly with strength and grace. I love her beyond measure and never cease to value the life she gave me, full of freedom, beauty, love and dignity. `



Minissha Lamba: `It's my mom who has made me what I am today. I want to thank her for all the love and attention that she poured into me to make me a good humanbeing. `

Divya Dutta: `I want to thank my mother for giving me the freedom to be an actress when everyone wanted me to be a doctor like her. And I want to thank her for letting me take her for granted and for not judging me and loving me unconditionally. And most of all I love my mother for giving me the most comfortable place to forget my stress, her lap. `

Adnan Sami: `There's no worldly gift worthy of a mother who has gifted me with life. There are no adequate words to thank my mother, nothing with which I say can express my gratitude for carrying me for 9 months before I was ready to face the world. Even now I crave to rush back to that safe haven. `

Shabana Azmi: `I just want to say three simple words to my mother: I love you. I am because she is. `

Urmila Matondkar: `I can't thank my mother enough for making me the person I am. I am still learning from her every day. I want to gift her a medicine that would keep her illness-free forever. I want to see her healthy and beautiful forevever. `

Dino Morea: `For Mother's Day I'd want to again thank my mom for this beautiful life she has given me, and for my super upbringing. Thanks for being there for us brothers, no matter what. I'd like to gift her the world. `


Kalki Koechlin: `My mother, the strong stubborn conscientious influence of my life. I'll get her something from Delhi where I'm shooting. `

Mahaakshay Chakraborty: `I'd like to tell my mom (former actress Yogeeta Bali) that she's truly the greatest mother in the world. I've seen many mothers. But none like her. . She gave up her career to devote her life completely to her family and children. I'd love to take mom to the Wimbledon finals specially if Nadal is playing. `

Dia Mirza `I am very proud of my mom. I AM because she IS. I am going to give her a Mother's Day filled with surprises. `


Chitrangda: `The best gift for my mother I can think of is to take a holiday with her. And I should promise to call her three times a day every day. There is nothing she and I would like better. She is the most important person in my life. `

Darsheel Safari: `I would like to wish her 'Happy Mothers Day' and thank her for supporting me in my school, acting work and whatever I do. I will give a card and chocolates. `

Saluting The Screen Mom

By Subhash K Jha


Shabana Azmi: "The mother in Hindi cinema has always been an avtar of Mother India, strong, principled, the chief custodian of the errant son's morality. Given to sacrifice and hardship, she battles all odds to bring up her children. Today she is changing whilst essentially retaining the core values.

Dolly Ahluwalia in Vicky Donor drinks along with her mother-in-law whilst an indulgent son says, "She works so hard a drink relaxes her. " She runs a beauty parlour, has a short temper, screams at her son but has a heart of gold and after initial resistance supports her son in his decisions.

Kajol in My Name Is Khan is a working mother far removed from the coughing hapless Leela Chitnis. Long before these, Waheeda Rehman in Trishul is a revolutionary mother who challenges her son to seek revenge for his desertion 'nahi to main doodh maaf nahi karoongi' Salim-Javed's mother-figure was always central to the story line, particularly in Deewaar.

Since my first film Shyam Benegal's Ankur I have been claiming 'yeh bachcha mera hai' as the raison d'etre for keeping the child from an illicit relationship. I upheld a woman's right to determine the fate of her womb in Mrinal Sen's Genesis, Prakash Jha's Mrityudand and Kalpana Lajmi's Ek Pal.


Zarina Wahab: "I played Shah Rukh Khan's and Hrithik Roshan's mother in My Name Is Khan and Agneepath, respectively. I had more to do than mothers do in films these days. Screen mothers have been completely marginalized. Nowadays children don't need their mothers to guide them beyond a point.

And if the mother tries to make her presence felt the the children say, 'Mom, give us space'. Movies are doing just that. They are letting mothers be. There isn't much for them to do. Earlier there used to be a strong emotional track with the mothers.

Nowadays moms are too cool, if they're there at all. In Shristi Behl's I Me Aur Main, I play John Abraham's mother. It's a different kind of equation. When she visits her son he feels crowded. Moms are no longer indispensable. "


Lilette Dubey: "There's a sea-change in the way mothers are portrayed. We at least recognize to some extent that a mother is an individual with her own needs and identity. They're no longer the long-suffering martyrs. They're more real. More today. The mother I played in Gadar is a far cry from Monsoon Wedding or even My Brother Nikhil. But they are nonetheless mothers with their own strong individual characters. "

No comments:

Post a Comment