Tuesday 28 May 2013

Priyanka Chopra hits back at Mallika Sherawat




Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra slammed Mallika Sherawat’s for making unpleasant remark about our country, India in the international platform. Mallika who walked the Cannes red carpet called India, "regressive nation for women". Piggy Chops is highly offended by Mallika’s disagreeable remark about India at the 66th Cannes film festival.
"I think we are a progressive nation. I disagree that we are a regressive nation. We are all sitting here and talking about educating the girl child, taking our country forward. I think it's a misrepresentation of what our great nation is on the world platform," said the actress Monday at the launch of a mobile application by UNICEF, of which she is an ambassador.

"It was something of which I felt extremely offended by," she added.

Calling Mallika's statement an "extreme misrepresentation" of India and "unfair", Priyanka said: "When it comes to Mallika's statements, I think they were very callous and I don't agree with her. It was upsetting for me as a woman. It was upsetting for me as a girl who comes from India. I think it was extreme misrepresentation of our nation. I don't think it's fair."

In an interview to Variety, Mallika Sherawat also expressed her displeasure living in India. She was quoted as saying, “When I experience social freedom in America, and head to India, I find it regressive towards women. It’s really depressing to see that as an independent woman.”
36-year-old Mallika debuted in Bollywood in 2003 with ‘Khwahish’. She became an overnight star with ‘Murder’ success.  Later, she went on to do international projects like Jackie Chan-starrer 2005 film ‘The Myth’, followed by ‘Hisss’ and ‘Politics of Love’.

No comments:

Post a Comment