Monday 6 May 2013

Vidya Balan to walk the Cannes red carpet in saree




Vidya Balan who has made a mark in Bollywood with her versatile acting in movies like, ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Kahaani’ and bagged many award for her stupendous performance is least bothered about her Cannes wardrobe. Vidya Balan will be a part of the jury member at the 66th Cannes Film Festival to be held this month and the actress said that wardrobe is not at all in her mind. We all know Vidya’s all time favorite is saree and she will definitely wear saree at Cannes. It is reported that Vidya’s favorite designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee will design her Cannes saree.
"What makes me too much happy is to get that opportunity to watch films from all over the world and to be able to interact with various team jury. Beyond that while I am going to be at Cannes, the most celebrated festival of the world, I am not thinking so much of my wardrobe," Vidya Balan told PTI at official launch of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne.

"I see myself in a sari even when I am sleeping. So you will see me in a sari in Cannes," she said.

Vidya who was married to UTV head honcho Siddharth Roy Kapur in early this year said that marriage has not changed her life.

"I have been married four months and marriage has not changed anything or may be its too early to say," Vidya Balan said.
The 66th Cannes Film festival will kick-start on French Riviera on May 15.

Apart from Vidya, actress Nandita Das  will also e part of a jury member for short films.

In the past, director Shekhar Kapur and actress Sharmila Tagore were a part of Cannes jury.

No comments:

Post a Comment