Wednesday 15 May 2013

Vidyut Jamwal's toy story

Vidyut Jamwal`s toy story

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 13:51 IST
It's said that as men grow up, their toys grow up too! From toy planes and cricket bats, they move on to bikes and playstations.

So when CS caught up with Vidyut Jamwal at the launch of a toy range, we couldn't help asking him about the toys he likes now. `Swords and sticks!` he answered with a laugh. To understand what the actor meant by that, read on:

Warrior tales
As a kid, I never collected toys. I started training in martial arts at the age of three and never had time for toys. In fact, my toys were the swords and sticks with which I grew up in the ashram.

But then, an aunt in America sent me a video cassette of these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I was very influenced by them. I liked that they were all warriors. They were all names after four Renaissance artists and I liked Leonardo the best of them all as his weapon were two katanas.



Swords and sticks
I don't have any favourite toys. I didn't even have any favourite toys back when I was a kid. Usually men have their cars and bikes. But I'm still stuck with my swords and sticks! (laughs)

A good influence
If you give something good to children, they will be influenced. It's like if you haven't seen cricket, then you won't go out and play it. Give them a cricket bat and they will want to go out and play. Honestly, unless you play with toys, you don't realise their importance. Even I was never stopped from playing with toys as a kid, it's just that I didn't have the time to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment