Monday 17 June 2013

Akki to make film on martial arts

Akki to make film on martial arts

Monday, June 17, 2013 13:17 IST

Actor Akshay Kumar is set to take his passion for martial arts a step further by making a full-fledged movie based on it

"We are making a film on martial arts. This is something which is very close to my heart.

It is still in scripting stage. We are trying to make the film as authentic as possible, " Akshay told over phone from UK. Before joining the film industry, Akshay studied martial arts in Bangkok. He then came back to Mumbai, where he started teaching martial arts.

"My love for sports will never die. I love martial arts and I want to promote it in whichever way I can. I am a fighter first then an actor, " he said.

However, Akshay is unlikely to act in the film that his company Hari Om Entertainment will produce. "I don't know if there will be any suitable role for me in that, " he said. Akshay's next release is Milan Luthria's 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara', a sequel to 2010 hit 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai'.

"We are getting good response and I am happy about it. Considering it is a sequel of a hit film there was no pressure on me for this film. We all gave our best and now it is upto the audience to decide the fate of the film, " he said. The film also stars Imran Khan, Sonakshi Sinha and Sonali Bendre.

It will release on August 15. Meanwhile, in a unique way of promoting a film, the makers of 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara' promoted the film during the Indo-Pak Champions Trophy match in the UK, yesterday. "It is always interesting to see India-Pakistan match.

To see both the countries fight on the field is quite exciting. The experience was good... it was fun, " Akshay said. Akshay travelled to Birmingham (UK) to watch the much anticipated India-Pakistan match which got disrupted yesterday due to rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment