Friday 28 June 2013

Kunaal will do TV only if he gets right combo

Kunaal will do TV only if he gets right combo



Kunaal Roy Kapur may have started his career with the TV show `Just Mohabbat" but he says he has no immediate plans to return to the medium and would consider it only if he gets the right combination of `great writers and great collaborators`.

"I would do something if it's something I am involved in creating, ` Kunaal said when asked about returning to the small screen.

`If it is a funny show, which I am creating, then I would do it. For TV, you need great collaborators and great writers. If I'd find great writing and great collaborators to put up a show, then I would do it. But given the current stage in writing in TV, I won't venture into it, " the actor-filmmaker told.

If at all he tries his hand in TV shows, Kunaal would want to make a fiction show.

"There is very little reality in reality shows. I would look at a more fictional space. If people get to know that in reality I am boring, it will be quite hurtful. It is better to be an actor, who is good, rather than a person who is boring, " he said.

Kunaal's big screen assignments as an actor include "Delhi Belly", "Nautanki Saala" and "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani". He also directed `The President Is Coming`.

Although he comes from a theatre background, his television experience helped him in films.

"My stint in TV helped me make the transition from stage to films even better. When I started in TV, I understood how much or how little I had to do in front of the camera.

`I think theatre is an extremely difficult art form. It takes a lot of practice and discipline. But it is not like it is tougher than acting in films, " he said.

He also added that theatre doesn't necessarily help.

"Sometimes theatre can be a blessing and sometimes it is not. There are a lot of people who act on stage, but look over the top in films. You need to understand and learn from your own performances and where you need to tone it down.

`Theatre, of course, gives you an understanding of how a joke will work, how a drama will work... But someone who has grown up acting in films from a young age will also make a good actor, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment