Friday 28 June 2013

Women directors add sensibility to female-centric films: Madhoo

Women directors add sensibility to female-centric films: Madhoo



Popular actress Madhoo, who is making her comeback to Tamil cinema in a yet-to-be-titled woman-centric film, directed by a lady, says women make such movies with a touch of sensitivity and sensibility.

Madhoo is returning to Tamil industry after 16-year hiatus with a movie directed by actor-filmmaker Lakshmu Ramakrishnan.

"I want to be part of more women directors' films. I would love to work in a film like 'Phir Milenge'. It's one of those films where Revathi (director) added a female's perspective to an issue and presented it with sensibility," Madhoo told.

"Phir Milenge", a 2004 film, starred Abhishek Bachchan, Salman Khan and Shilpa Shetty. It touched upon the subject of AIDS.

In her new film, Madhoo will play the role of a stage singer.

"I watched some part of Lakshmy's directorial debut and I liked the way she handled the film. She made a socially responsible film that was sensitive and equally commercial," she added.



Lakshmy's directorial debut Tamil drama "Aarohanam" was the story about a mother with bipolar disorder who goes missing and her children start looking for her. The film was lauded by critics and audiences alike.

Madhoo, however, clarifies she is not against other types of films.

"I'm always open to act in good films provided they come my way. Roles are also very important to me because I know I'm old now. I need to play roles that will do justice to my age," said the 41-year-old.

She is currently awaiting the release of her Telugu drama "Anthaku Mundhu Aa Tharuvatha", in which she plays mother to a 16- year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment