Monday 24 June 2013

Ali Asgar wonders why he is offered woman's role

Ali Asgar wonders why he is offered woman`s role



Actor Ali Asgar says he fails to understand the reason behind him being offered a woman's role in comedy shows even though he has maintained a distance from such characters for almost a year.

Ali played the role of a woman in the TV show "Comedy Circus" and is again seen essaying the role of an old woman in Colors' comedy show "Comedy Nights with Kapil".

"There is no dearth of male roles. I am doing this woman's role after a year. I am surprised why people keep offering me women's roles. Maybe it is because I am good at it, " Ali told.

Ali plays the role of comedian and producer of the show Kapil Sharma's grandmother in "Comedy Nights with Kapil".

And it was his friendship with Kapil that made him accept the offer.

"I agreed this time because I couldn't say no to Kapil (Kapil Sharma). I am also not keen on doing women's role every time, " he said.

"This character is something which I have not done before. There is a very lively character. The dadi is very energetic. It is a Punjabi family so there are larger than life characters. The dadi has so many stories, she is romantic and mad, " he added.

Ali is also currently seen in the show "Jeannie Aur Juju" and is in no hurry to bag more projects.

"Right now, my hands are full with these two shows. There is no time for anything else, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment