Monday 17 June 2013

'Bhaag Milkha...emotional experience for me: Yograj Singh

`Bhaag Milkha...emotional experience for me: Yograj Singh

Monday, June 17, 2013 13:08 IST

Cricketer Yuvraj Singh's actor-father Yograj Singh, who will be seen as Farhan Akhtar's coach in "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag", says working in the film has been an emotional experience for him as it reminded him of his training days with son.

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra directed biopic on Olympian athlete Milkha Singh will see Farhan in the title role when it comes out July 12.

"I am playing Milkha Singh's coach. It has been a great, wonderful and very emotional experience. Whatever I wanted from life, I have got it (through the film). Emotionally, it was as good as being with Yuvraj Singh during his training period, when he was young, " Yograj told.

Active in Punjabi films, the actor bonded well with Farhan on the sets of the movie.

"There has been a great bonding between me and Farhan sir. It is a relationship between a coach and his student. I have always felt that a coach and a student are like a mother and a child... The relationship that I shared with Yuvi (Yuvraj), the same thing I had with Farhan sir, " he said.

Yograj has been part of many Punjabi films like "Badla Jatti Da", "Jagga Daku" and "Jidd Jattan Di", but "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" is special for him.

"There were times when Rakeysh sir left things on me. It was such a great experience. It will be close to my heart. I feel this film will change the course of the industry, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment