Thursday 20 June 2013

Bhansali bats for his 'neighbourhood kid' Suraj Pancholi

Bhansali bats for his `neighbourhood kid` Suraj Pancholi



Not many know that Aditya Pancholi and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are neighbours. They live om different floors of the same building. Though Sanjay, who is hermetic by nature, doesn't meet Aditya that much, Aditya's wife Zarina Wahab and Sanjay mother are best friends.

`They are constantly in touch. Zarinaji is a fantastic cook. And she rushes up to our floor with dishes all the time, while my mother too looks out for Zarinaji and the family all the time, ` says Sanjay affectionately.

It was during one of Zarina's regular afternoon sessions with Mrs Bhansali that the suggestion that Sooraj assist Sanjay was mooted.



`That's how Sooraj came to me to assist me for Guzaarish. And I must admit he was extremely hard-working, focussed and soft -spoken. Sooraj would be on the sets on time and he was a fast-learner. There were no airs about being a star-son. I must say Zarina and Aditya have a done a good job of bringing him up. `

Sanjay is looking forward to working with Sooraj again. `I wouldn't mind directing him. To me he seems as gentle and affectionate as Zarinaji. `

No comments:

Post a Comment