Friday 21 June 2013

Deepika Padukone to perform at IIFA 2013




Deepika Padukone is all geared up to set the stage on fire with her performance at the 14th IIFA Awards in Macau. The event will be held in July. The 27 years old actress will perform on her hit numbers like “Tumhi Ho Bandhu” and “Balam Pichkaari”.
She will also be showing her dance moves on “Angreezi Beats.”
“I’m thrilled to be performing at IIFA this year. I will be performing some of my favorite songs from my recent release ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Cocktail.’ This will also be my first visit to Macau, and I hope my fans enjoy my performance.” Deepika said.
This is the second time that this award function will be held in Macau after 2009.
Deepika recently did shooting for her upcoming movie “Chennai Express”. She appears as a Tamilian girl in the movie and his co-actor is none other than King Khan. This is the second movie after “Om Shanti Om” that the two are acting together. Deepika shares amazing on screen chemistry with Shahrukh and for this particular movie, Shahrukh asked her to learn Tamil and made her watch Tamil movies so that she could act naturally like a Tamilian girl.
In one of the scenes of “Chennai Express” Deepika catches a running train with Shahrukh’s help just like Shahrukh helped Kajol catch a train in “DDLJ”. Deepika was quite thrilled about this scene. "I got to live the DDLJ moment with Shah Rukh," the actress told reporters. Deepika further said, “If SRK's screen name in DDLJ was Raj, he was called Rahul in another blockbuster ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. She also added, "The fact that while growing up it is every girl's dream to romance Rahul and Raj on-screen, I got an opportunity to do that as well in the film".
Deepika who is presently basking in glory of the success of “Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani”, she gives the credit of the movie to the crew and the director of the film. The movie came in the 100 crores grosser’s list in its first week itself. Ranbir was her co-star and their sizzling chemistry was something to watch for.
Says the dusky beauty, "Success or failure doesn't tamper my spirit. I sign those films that I believe in. I choose them based on my instincts”.
Deepika says, "You can't sit back and take everything for granted.   ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’ might look like a fun film, but it's one of the toughest that I've done. After that I went on to work for ‘Chennai Express’ and ‘Ramn Leela’. I have made a lot of personal sacrifices to devote all my time to these films. I'm hoping it pays off."

No comments:

Post a Comment