Monday 10 June 2013

EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension

EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension
Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra was suspended by the BCCI on Monday on charges of gambling during IPL 6 matches while Ravi Sawani's report on the spot-fixing scam was forwarded to the board's disciplinary panel in an emergent working committee meeting.
Immediately after his suspension Raj Kundra comes out with an official statement in which he calls BCCI's decision unilateral and says that the rampant corruption in India will deter NRIs like him to invest in the country.
Here is what Raj Kundra has to say about his suspension.
  
EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension
The Staement opens with a proclamation for his love for sports, "All those who know me are aware that sport is my first love. I own a minority 11.7% share in Rajasthan Royals as well as a majority share of the Super Fight League in India which has become the largest MMA league in Asia within a year of its launch. I have single handedly provided job opportunities and training to 200 Indian fighters who were doing nothing but misusing their strength on the streets or in underground illegal fight clubs."
  

EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension
He talks about his intention to tain players as well, "I am currently working on football to develop its popularity amongst youngsters and also to provide better infrastructure and training to them. It shocks, saddens and hurts me when my integrity towards Sport is questioned, especially knowing that there are very few who have taken the initiative and been successful in the development of sport in India"
  
EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension
He vows that he has adhered to the contract, "All sorts of accusations were made against me without proof, by people in powerful positions. It is sad that without accurate facts, I am being made a scapegoat and put under trial by the media based on unproved claims. The most difficult part of the decision to marry Shilpa was the fact that she did not want to leave India. I made the choice of moving to India initially out of love for her, but have over the years fallen in love with India and all that comes with it. I am afraid that rampant corruption at different levels would serve a deterrent for foreign investors who may otherwise be willing to invest in India.  People need to realise that as a British national and NRI, IF I wanted to bet I could have one so off-shore on ANY betting website legally. However I did not do so as the IPL contract as per."
  
EXCLUSIVE: In his official statement Raj Kundra blames rampant corruption for his suspension
He hints at fighting BCCI's decision, "ACSU rules clearly states that owners cannot bet on the IPL. In many BCCI meetings I have often suggested that team-owners be given a seat on the IPL governing board so that owners are involved in decision making, as in many international sports bodies. Us owners are the ones heavily invested in the IPL and should have a voice in its functioning, however till date no team-owner’s body has been welcomed. I am shocked and upset at the unilateral decision taken today by the BCCI and will fight the grounds of suspension. I further clarify that this is my view and is not related to any other share-holders or owners of Rajasthan Royals. I close by saying I trust in Justice and India! Thank you."
  


No comments:

Post a Comment