Friday 28 June 2013

John Abraham wants to cast David Haye in film on boxing

John Abraham wants to cast David Haye in film on boxing



Actor-producer John Abraham has expressed his desire to make a film on boxing and cast none other than former world champion David Haye, with whom he has collaborated for a flagship fitness-cum-boxing center

He has partnered with David to introduce boxing as a mode of fitness in the country. "I grew up on Rocky series and that's why I went to the gym too. I would like to get a credible film where boxing is taken seriously. I want people to see my film and say that's a first timer in India," John told reporters here at the event yesterday.

David is currently rated world number three heavyweight contender by the Transnational Boxing Ranking Board. He got some offers from Hollywood as well. When John met him they spoke about Indian films.

"I expressed my plan about the film that I am planning to make on boxing. That's when he (David) showed interest in the project and said he wants to work together on this project," John said.

"With the kind of films that are being accepted today, I feel, with the capacity of a producer and an actor, someone like David would be far more accepted when he comes onscreen and shows boxing in a (different) light."

The 40-year-old actor-producer is an avid boxing enthusiast and is keen on incorporating boxing as a form of exercise in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment