Tuesday 4 June 2013

Karan Johar to play villain in Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet



Jack of all trades Karan Johar rarely slows his pace. From director and producer to TV show host and actor, he will soon be seen playing a full-fledged negative role opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Anurag Kashyap’s period drama Bombay Velvet.

Apparently Anurag Kashyap had approached Johar to talk about the movie but decided to cast him instead.

Also playing lovers in the movie will be Ranbir and Anushka, who have been paired together for the first time.

“It’s true that I’m acting in Bombay Velvet and it’s unusual for me. I was blown away by the narrative... Since I’m playing an antagonist, there are shades of grey to my character,” Johar said in a report published in PTI.

This is not Karan Johar’s first time as an actor as he had played Shahrukh’s friend in the super-hit Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, almost a decade ago.

Anurag Kashyap and Karan Johar have reached a truce regarding the project wherein Karan has promised to drop his director’s baggage on the sets.

“Karan is fantastic for the part. I actually wanted to bounce ideas off him. He loved the script, and I suddenly asked if he will play the role. He was surprised, but said yes. Karan said he will charge Rs. 11, and the money kept aside will go for special effects and production,” Kashyap said.

No comments:

Post a Comment