Tuesday 4 June 2013

Karan Johar to share screen space with Ranbir Kapoor




After making a special appearance in movies like ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Luck By Chance’, noted filmmaker of Bollywood Karan Johar has taken up full length acting script. This would be his acting debut in true sense. Karan Johar will be seen in Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Bombay Velvet’ alongside Ranbir Kapoor. He will portray the role of a villain.
"It's true that I'm acting in Bombay Velvet and it's unusual for me. I was blown away by the narrative... Since I'm playing an antagonist, there are shades of grey to my character," Karan Johar said in a statement.
41-year-old Karan is excited about the movie.
"I didn't know whether I was ready for it. Now, I will start working on my role with Anurag. I will follow his directorial vision, and I won't bring my director's baggage on the sets," Karan Johar said, adding Ranbir was also keen to see him in the movie.
About casting Karan, Anurag Kashyap said, "Karan is fantastic for the part. I actually wanted to bounce ideas off him. He loved the script, and I suddenly asked if he will play the role. He was surprised, but said yes. Karan said he will charge Rs 11, and the money kept aside will go for special effects and production," Kashyap said.
The film will be jointly produced by Fox Star Studios and Phantom Films. Vikas Bahl of Phantom Films said, “I think there is a beautiful actor hidden in Karan. I simply love his ads. I'm sure he'll make the character bigger than the actor. "

Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios, added, "Karan is such a casting coup! He is not only one of the most talented and versatile minds in the industry, he also has the ability to surprise. I believe he will do great justice to his role."
The film stars Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in a pivotal role. ‘Bombay Velvet’ will go on floors in July 2013 and will release worldwide on Dec 25, 2014. Set against the backdrop of love, greed, violence and Jazz, ‘Bombay Velvet’ is the story of how the city Bombay transformed into a metropolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment